Angelhouser | A Journal By Angelica Bautista Viloria

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Just Give Me the P1.5 Million, Child!

It will be Mother's Day on Sunday, May 13, 2007, and just this morning, I read in the newspapers about the Peninsula Manila's "Mom's Ultimate Fantasy" package which costs a whopping P1.5 million. Yes, you read the figure right -- P1.5 million.

What will theP1.5 million get your mother? It will buy her champagne, flowers, chocolates, a 2-night stay at the USD 2,000++ Peninsula Suite, an 8-course dinner at Old Manila, breakfast for two, salon treats, and shopping sprees at jewelry and designer boutiques.

The Peninsula Suite is a 372 square meter room which has its own living room area, dining room, jacuzzi, and other facilities. As for the shopping sprees, your mother will get a P500 thousand gift voucher for Jul B. Dizon jewelry and a P200 thousand voucher at the Louis Vuitton boutique at Greenbelt 4.

Pardon my being a party pooper but I think the above package is much too extravagant even if your child happens to be lying down on tons of money. You can do a lot with P1.5 million, right -- like go on several trips, build a small house, or even donate the amount to several charities. I don't know about you but even if I were earning a lot, I don't think I could splurge that much. Besides, I do not think you need to spend that huge an amount just to prove to your mother that you love her.

So as I read the newspaper, I called my 10-year old son and read the news article to him. Then, I looked at him and said: "Adi, if you ever become really rich, please do not gift me with this Mother's Day package okay? Just give me the P1.5 million in cash."

I told my mother about the package and she said the same thing. What can I say? My mother raised me well. =)

No comments: